Heavy rain, storms, falling tree limbs, and poor-quality installation can leave a roof more likely to leak. Even the smallest leak left untreated can result in damage to the home and belongings inside. The team at Fortenberry Construction can:
- Swiftly mobilize a skilled repair team to minimize damage and save you money
- Repair the problem without interrupting your day-to-day life
- Respond at any time of the day or night
- Give you the necessary documentation for a homeowner’s insurance claim
- Recommend long-term repair options
- Inspect your roof for any further repairs or maintenance recommended
We’re always looking for ways to provide customers with added value, and our goal is to not only meet your expectations, but to exceed them. When you need help with damage control and roof leak repair, call us at (228) 861-8914.
Leak Repair Projects of All Sizes
When you take a proactive stance on maintenance, you can extend your roof’s lifespan and stop roof leaks.
Repairs fall into various categories: regular maintenance, deterioration repairs, and emergency fixes.
Regardless of where the home’s roof is in terms of condition, size, or age, a comprehensive leak repair plan is an investment in your home’s future.
Emergency Leak Repair
Weather-related damage is the most common cause of roof leaks, which is why we offer a comprehensive storm damage response program. When storms bring hail, gale-force winds, and torrential downpours, they may wreak havoc on a home’s roof. While emergency repairs protect the home and everything inside, they’re only temporary, and after you call us for debris removal and a professional assessment, you should schedule permanent leak repair as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Leaks
- Natural degradation due to UV radiation and weather
- Fallen tree branches
- Wind-related damage to shingles and decking
- Leaf buildup and rot in roof valleys
- Poor installation practices
- Failed flashing at penetration points such as vent stacks, chimneys, and dormers
While some roof-related emergencies can be prevented, others are outside your control. It’s important to get preventive maintenance, but even the most well-kept roofs may suffer an emergency. When leaks strike suddenly, call us for emergency roof repair service in Ocean Springs, MS and surrounding MS gulf coast locations.
Things to Consider When Leaks Occur
In the event of a serious roof leak, remember the points listed below.
- Don’t go onto the roof: Damaged roofs are dangerous environments, and for safety’s sake, you should leave the inspection and repair process to us.
- Cover the inside: With plastic sheeting, you can protect the inside of your home and prevent interior damage.
- Perform a visual inspection: From ground level, look at the roof and note potential debris-related damage.
After you’ve followed these steps, call Fortenberry Construction for prompt, efficient roof leak repairs.
Why You Should Call Us for Leak Repair and Maintenance
A roof leak may begin with drips around light fixtures or stains on the ceiling. As much as you may hope the problem goes away on its own, leaks aren’t a one-time occurrence. Once water gets into your home, a pathway is created, and the problem will reappear. Unless repairs are done quickly, the leak can may cause damage such as:
- Deterioration of drywall, plaster, and wood framing
- Infestations of pests such as termites
- Mold growth on structural components and in living areas
Our residential roofing repair team can detect and fix underlying issues that cause leaks. With our help, you’ll reduce the need for future leak repairs.
No matter whether your roof has been damaged by a summer storm or it’s just past its prime, our roof leak repair team is available for comprehensive inspections. Our work crews are hand-selected and GAF-certified to find any roof’s weak areas. We’ll evaluate the condition of the edges, shingles, sheathing, underlayment, and rafters. From there, we’ll offer an accurate repair estimate and tell you if replacement is the right option.
Preventing Leaks After Severe Weather Events
Weather events can damage any rooftop, but we’re here to help with our prompt service and emergency repairs. Wind, heavy rains, and hail can remove the grit from shingles, making them more susceptible to leaks and other damage. Flying debris and falling branches can puncture the roof’s surface.
No matter the nature of storm-related roof damage, you can feel safe in calling our roof leak repair company. Perhaps most importantly, we have inspectors and claims adjusters who will work with your insurer to reduce expenses.
Installation and Roof Age
There are a couple of other reasons you may need leak repair: improper installation and age. Older roofing materials just aren’t as sturdy as the products we use today. At Fortenberry Construction, we only use supplies from top manufacturers like GAF, which, with our careful installation methods, can help you get the most out of your roof over its lifetime. Our services can protect you from the following installation- and leak-related issues.
- Poor-weather shingle lifting that may occur when the shingles aren’t fastened or overlapped correctly
- Accelerated roof deterioration that comes when attic ventilation isn’t sufficient
- Inadequate shingle adherence that arises when installation is done in excessive heat or cold
Call Fortenberry for Professional Leak Repair Results
When you call us for emergency leak repairs or scheduled maintenance, we can address a range of problems and prevent new issues. We have the local experience and knowledge needed to help homeowners find solutions to the most complicated roofing issues. Call us today to request an estimate or email us at email@example.com to learn more about our roof leak repair services.
GAF I.D. #CE 29993
MS #R0 2961