The shingles may be the most visible, but they don’t make up the whole roofing system. In fact, it’s a complicated arrangement of essential components working together to keep your home dry and damage-free from the harshest elements. Fortenberry Roofing Inc., expert in roof replacement and storm damage repair, discusses the things that make up your shingle roofing system.
- Leak Barrier. This component helps protect the more leak-prone areas of your roof. These include the spots around roof valleys, chimneys, vents, dormers, skylights and just about anything that protrudes for your shingle roof system. By preventing roof leaks, this component ensures your living space is free from water damage and the growth of mold and mildew.
- Ventilation System. A balanced ventilation system ensures that heat and moisture don’t build up inside your attic. By circulating the air properly, your roof vents help prevent ice damming during the winter, while reducing the potential for mold and rot, which can compromise the structural integrity of the entire roof system.
- Roof Deck Protection. The roof deck is the part where your shingles are nailed–and the area where possible roof leaks can occur due to wind-driven rain. Roof deck protection, or underlayment, can help avoid this. If you turn to Fortenberry Roofing Inc. for your complete roof replacement, you’ll have access to a range of high-quality roof underlayment from GAF®?. These include Deck-Armor™ and premium Shingle-Mate®, which serve as an effective barrier against leaks between the roof deck and shingles.
- Starter Strip Shingles. This primary row of shingles helps prevent shingle blow-offs and water infiltration caused by wind-driven rain. Starter strip shingles are not only crucial for proper roof installation, but they can enhance the look of your roofline, as well.
- Asphalt Shingles. These are the roofing material covering the whole of your system and serve as the first line of defense against heavy rainfall, blistering heat, hailstorms, high winds, and snow loads. They are also an important design element that can add a great deal to your home’s curb appeal.
- Ridge Cap Shingles. They protect the hips and edges of your roof while providing it with a lovely and distinctive look.
When in need of an asphalt shingle roof for your home, just turn to Fortenberry Roofing Inc. We’re not just your expert in roof repair–you can also count on us for your roof replacement needs. As a GAF MasterElite™ contractor, we offer the highest quality shingle roofing systems available today. They don’t just ensure superior weather protection and lasting performance, they can also protect your investment with their extensive warranty coverage.
Fortenberry Roofing Inc. is your one-stop-shop for the best roofing services. We proudly serve the areas in and around Ocean Springs, MS. Call us today at (228) 861-8914 or fill out this contact form to get a free quote.